Friday, April 27, 2012

KCWC Day 3 - Robot Shorts and Stripe Tee

Day 3 was a doozy, I pulled off two items. Navy corduroy long shorts with robot linen details and a blue and white cotton tee with lime ribbing. The tee shirt was super quick, basic, easy.  Not as quick as the raglans I've been playing with this week, but still pretty painless.
 I have a confession, I started these robot trimmed pants way back last Fall during the last KCWC. Pathetic. They sat in a paper bag in my steamer trunk for all these months.  Fortunately, Becks tends to grow up and not out, so while they were now too short, they still fit in the waist.  So, I cropped them to below the knee, and finished them up. They're pretty cute, if I do say so myself.
The pockets are lined with the Kokka robot linen as well as the cuffs.  The waist is encased elastic, and the front has a top stitched faux fly.  Actually the whole shebang is top stitched like crazy.  It's time consuming, but I like the style.  Someone else likes it too. 
I think he was starting to think Jonesie was getting all the goods this week.  Little does he know, the big boy's list is double the toddler's list.  He wore this outfit to school today, which had me bursting.  Damn, it feels good to be productive.  I mean, not that I'm otherwise lazing about, but you just don't get the same sense of pride over a clean sink or folded hamper of underpants, agreed?

I'm behind, so I'm going to post my KCWC Day 4 progress report later tonight.  Check out all of the other darling kids clothes being whipped up over at the elsie marley flickr pool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment