Monday, May 16, 2011

KCWC Robot Hoodie

I'm having a hard time writing this post. Brain. Not. Working. KCWC has kicked my arse. It was like project bootcamp and, let's face it, I've gotten pretty project flabby lately. But, though I'm a little worse for wear, I'm also feeling creative and productive and generally like my old self again. Anyway, here's something I squeezed into the closing hours of KCWC.
I've literally been daydreaming about this hoodie for months. Better late than never, right? I used red and yellow thread and the last of my favorite Japanese acrylic (washable!) felt. It's thinner than your standard craft felt, yet stronger, richer and more opaque. It's my secret weapon, if I find out where to get more I'll let you all know!B and I really collaborated on this. Not only did he sit at his usual sewing machine pedal pushing perch, but he helped cut felt pieces, make color choices and layout decisions. When it was finished he had his own sense of pride and ownership. He loves it more than I could have hoped for, and therefore so do I! But I just might love the robot dance he spontaneously broke into when he first put it on even more.

1 comment:

  1. I just love those hoody-costumes you make! Thats how I first found you, through Totero;-) So nice to involve the kids when sewing- I should try it too once;-)

    ReplyDelete