Thursday, September 9, 2010

Project Wedding: The Stage

My sister has always been theatrical, and her husband shares her sense of dramatic flare. So when the hall they wanted to rent ended up having a stage, they decided to incorporate a community theater kind of feel to the marriage ceremony. She wanted backdrops, and after a few brainstorm and sketching sessions with my dad, we pared it down to simple spray painted clouds. We painted 5 4x8 panels for the background and a collection of smaller stand up clouds for the foreground. This was so simple, it's ridiculous, and in my opinion blew our more complicated ideas out of the water.Unfortunately the lighting wasn't conducive to amateur photography, and I don't have the professional shots yet, but you get the idea. And no, your eyes are not deceiving you, there actually were 10 bridesmaids and 10 groomsmen! I told you the bride and groom are theatrical.The happy couple, giving their toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment