Monday, August 16, 2010

Looks like Summer

I jut sent this photo off to my sister in regards to some wedding business, but it looks so sweet and charming that I wanted to post it. The zinnias are from the roof garden and the seersucker fabric is part of the great de-stash project. I'm thinking about making the boys some wedding garb from it.

The sewing project list is coming along, but it needs to be cut way down. It hard to decide on the 7 best garment ideas. Do I base it on creativity? practicality? utility? I don't know yet, but I hope to have the final list posted in a day or two.

And, here's a brief Summer observation, in honor of mothandsparrow's 200th post: In the heat of Northwest Summer it becomes exceedingly difficult to distinguish hipster dads from redneck ones, as aviators, greasy hair, wifebeater tanks and scrawny jeans are all pervasive. When in doubt, check the shoes. Unless, of course, those scrawny black levis are tucked behind the tongues on a pair of classic 90's Reebok Pumps. Then all bets are off.

No comments:

Post a Comment