Friday, May 28, 2010

Jail Break

Ok, in all of my self pity the other day, I neglected to mention that my cousin, Kimberley, has actually also been staying with my parents this week. She's single-handedly saved my sanity. Beckett's completely smitten with her too, and she's been so helpful with him, but mostly we spent the week watching romantic comedies and eating peanut butter cups with our sketchbooks on our laps. Perfect.

Today, to top it off she staged a jail break and took me out to the Pacific Fabrics outlet. Here's my new loot, and with all the new ideas she's given me, I'm almost looking forward to spending the next 10 days cooped up.Kimberley is on a short break before returning to San Francisco for Summer session at the Academy of Art University. Redundant name, right? but a stellar school. She's studying technical design in their fashion department and picking her brain about how to really make clothes and patterns has been awesome. Not to mention that she's been doing some surface design (my field of choice) so we've been able to wax artistic about reactive dyes and photo emulsion.

Kimbo is heading home to Oslo after her summer classes. She'll be back for the big wedding in September, and for other short breaks here and there, but really she divides her time between San Francisco and Norway, so having her here this week was just one of those perfectly serendipitous things. With her help, I even did a little sewing late last night. I'll post my latest cardigan in a little bit.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you told me about your blog and I feel so honored to be mentioned in it! The cardigan is so cute, I like the belt!

    ReplyDelete