Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Guilty Pleasure



Oh Being Human, why do I love thee? With a basic plot stolen from the sharpied journal of a goth adolescent (3 attractive 20-something roommates, who happen to be a vampire, a werewolf and a ghost) and throwback makeup effects reminiscent of a low budget An American Werewolf in London, I should have never fallen for this BBC Three effort. That having been said I'm currently devouring the second season (er... series to you Brits.)

It's like by embracing the ridiculousness, they've made more room for character development. And by forgoing computer animation and other modern attempts at forcing suspension of disbelief, I find I suspend it willingly just to see what happens next. I love it. But I'm a nerd, so there's always that to consider.

As is often the sad, sad case, this show is currently being imported. The American version will be on the Syfy network, and is scheduled to air this summer. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a The Office style import, rather than a Life on Mars scale disaster. A girl can dream.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm so mad at you...how could you have kept this from me! No soup for you!

    ReplyDelete