Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Claire Bean Salad

Food has still been weird for me since the whole crazy sick for weeks (months) thing settled down. All of my usual favorites don't cut it anymore. It's rare than anything hot, or even warm, sounds decent. All I ever want is fresh, cold snack sized portions of fruits and veggies in various forms. Basically, I've been thriving off of smoothies, apples and this salad.

I can't get enough ceci (garbanzo) bean salad. It's become quite the sordid love affair. So, when I put it on the table this evening, and the setting sun caught the crisp baby spinach and quartered grape tomatoes, it struck me as a thing of beauty. Then I laughed at myself. Then I took a picture and decided to post it so the rest of you could laugh at me too.

1 comment:

  1. I was on a smoothie kick for a while, too! I need to give you a call. I'm hopping over to my email right now to email you some overdue pictures. I miss ya!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete