Friday, March 27, 2009

Jayme McGowan

Okay, this was going to be a whole post about my thwarted and comical first foray into the world of professional massages (after plans had to be severely altered, Zion and I found ourselves at a dark, becurtained reflexology spa that had all the requisite ambiance of an opium den, plus a little Chopin. Does that make it a Chopium den?) but I find myself just wanting to talk art.

It's been a long time since I had any interest in working with the human figure, but lately I've been catching glimpses of 2 future art pieces, or maybe 2 series, with people. The first is of acrobats and bareback artists. The second is of flying people, in relation to birds, to flying machines and to flying dreams. Recently I happened upon this artist, Jayme McGowan, her etsy shop, and her blog, Roadside ProjectsShe's making me want to not only get back into using figures, but back into paper cutting as well. She has some wonderfully inspired circus folk pieces, and some lovely flying girls. Plus, she's my age which, when combined with her work and resume, is formidable. Check her out, I dare you not to be inspired.

1 comment:

  1. I think I beat you in finding cool blogs - check out shyninggstar. You have to read the posts - I'm not shitting you - this is for reals!

    ReplyDelete